In the state of Michigan a Funeral Representatives are anyone over the age of 18 that you choose to be in charge of making decisions about funeral arrangements. These include final decisions about burial, cremation and disinternment. Funeral representatives do not need to be related to you and are ideal if you have family far away and have close friends, a pastor, or a long time companion.
If you are interested in appointing someone your funeral representative or have any questions, or if you would like to set up an appointment to notarize please call us at 734-284-1600
- Must be 18 years old
- Must understand and acknowledge their duties
- Cannot be a licensed medical professional (unless they are related)
- Cannot be an employee or a volunteer of a health or veteran’s facility that provided care during your final illness
- Cannot be an officer or employee of a funeral establishment that will provide services for you
- Cannot be an officer or employee of a cemetery were you will be interred
- Cannot be an officer or employee of a crematory where you will be cremated
Driven by a passion to serve families, our team is comprised of compassionate and dedicated people who are always willing to go above and beyond to support each family during a difficult time.
Our caring and professional staff will also go to great lengths to assist your family in creating a personalized and unique service for your loved one.
At Molnar Funeral Homes we offer four different locations from which families can choose.
John Molnar, Sr. opened the Detroit Hungarian Funeral Home, now the Molnar Funeral Homes, in 1923. The funeral home began in his home until relocating across the street to it's Delray location at 8623 Dearborn Avenue, in 1936. He had a strong work ethic and believed that you should never stop learning...